WAD will be on 27th February 2020 so it coincides with AAAM 2020 (9th Advances Against Aspergillosis and Mucormycosis) which will run from 27th till 29th February.
We have sent this poster out to medical, nursing, pharmacy and physiotherapy schools. PDF of the poster has been emailed to all the CCG’s in England. It has also been downloaded by people all over the world.
Our campaign this year will involve the above poster being displayed at King’s Cross tube station from Monday 24th February 2020 for 14 days. Pfizer Ltd funded this for Aspergillosis Trust.
AT will be holding a raffle which will be drawn on that day.
Tickets for the raffle are on sale from 23rd December until 20th February 2020. We have a selection of prizes.
- Brain Fizzing Facts by Dr Emily Grossman, AT Patron (signed copy).
- A 3-month running coaching voucher from Liz Yelling, AT Patron.
- The Beautiful Cure. The New Science of Human Health, by Prof Dan Davis (signed copy) – Professor of Immunology at the University of Manchester.
- A novel by Alan Titchmarsh, AT supporter.
- Two £10 Love2Shop vouchers for giving feedback on patient information leaflets for the cat allergy project. This is at NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre and Manchester Clinical Research Facility.
- £25 Marks and Spencer card.
- £25 Amazon gift card.
- £20 Amazon gift voucher.
- 2x £10 Carluccios gift vouchers.
- Jenfleur’s fabric craft notice board https://jennifershelton.vpweb.co.uk/Home.html.
- Selection of mini jams.
- Notebook and pen.
- Model of your pet or animal of your choice – by Make Your Presents Felt. www.mypf.co.uk/
- Gardening book by Alan Titchmarsh with a signed photo.
To buy the raffle tickets please go to the fundraising page https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=jillfairweather&pageUrl=2 Once you have donated please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your address.
You will receive your tickets along with a selfie card, Aspergillosis Trust badge and, for fun, a crossword puzzle. Please take a selfie holding the card wearing the badge and email them to email@example.com or you can submit your selfie at https://aspergillosistrust.org/submit-your-selfie/ We want to flood social media on the run up to WAD to help spread awareness. Please help us in the fight.
The answers to the crossword puzzle can be found on our “What Aspergillosis Means to us” poster.
Coffee mornings were held four in all. Raising money and awareness. NAC organised assets, cake labels and bunting.
This image is on London buses from 7th January for 4 weeks so incorporates WAD. We have also written an article for magazines and Everton Football Club have published it for us.
There will also be a poster sent to Medical Schools and Hospitals showing all our supporters from our selfie campaign.
We also have a video to help with the campaign. https://vimeo.com/313364523
Two people organised coffee mornings to raise money for FIT.